Pöörirando 18-19 June - Viro

Hey northern neighbors! PanePanePane is organizing Pöörirando, a 24h checkpoint race. That isn’t a race. But is a race… The start and finish will be in near Tartu this year, easily accessible by train from Tallinn. Enjoy the south Estonian countryside on the (almost) whitest night of the year.

More details (available also on fb event ):

PÖÖRIRANDO is an adventurous bike race to enjoy the whitest night of the year. You can take it as a leisurely hike or try to rock as many kilometers as possible. Checkpoints are located in the wilderness and on road, which allows you to choose the right bike, course and riding style for you. Each rider will receive a manifest with checkpoints and various tasks to collect points, which means that the winner might not be the one with the most km-s, but the best planner. You can participate alone or with a group (all competing in one race-that isn’t a race).

Home base is located in Rahinge Wakepark (7 km from Tartu Railway Station).

Registration is open at: https://www.panepanepane.ee/registration

Pass:
50€ (07.03 - 16.05) – early bird rate deadline extended
70€ (11.04 - 12.06)

Pass includes:
Your name at the list
Carefully selected checkpoints
GPS device
Live tracking
Map
Manifest
Pöörirando 2022 badge
Food at the finish
Sauna at the finish
Beer at the finish

Also, if your appetite for ultra racing extends beyond 24h, we’ve got 2 more events coming up later in the summer (click here for more details):

Lame Maa: a1500km, paved surface race around Estonia, and
Kõkõva: an 800km, unpaved race through the wilderness.

16 Likes

Me and @adrolyne attended last year and it was a blast, strong recommendation! We rode fixed gear as we rode (mostly) together and that was the only way to have similar bikes but that was ok, at least the Tallinn region is very flat. We didn’t aim for competition and our lazy asses stayed at a hotel overnight, but the goal was to ride in new places and have a good time so that was a success. Would be nice to attend this year as well, if it seems possible.

10 Likes

What he said. That day was about the hottest day of summer and no amount of water seemed to hydrate enough. Apart from my pee that was the color of coca cola and had the consistency of fudge, the riding was really nice! Here’s a picture of me applying more chamois cream after a swimbreak.

8 Likes

These testimonials are so wholesome! I’m hoping to convince our gang to embark on a similar fixed gear (brakeless? :thinking: ) adventure next summer :joy:

2 Likes

Hey! Would to have you guys back if the starts align that way!

1 Like

Swim break were a must that weekend! I hope you also found a few ice creams…

1 Like

Ilmoittauduttu! / Registration in!

Early bird hinnalla vielä tää viikko!

4 Likes

Oooh! Added to my calendar this and the gravel race. Don’t really have any vacation this summer, but we shall see if I can squeeze some races in.

E: Yeah, I’m going to try to make it!

1 Like

A ticket has been bought!

1 Like

Registered!

2 Likes

Joo tää

2 Likes

The stars did align so we are back!

1 Like

There is feeling of Great Munamägi in the air.

Dots on the map

7 Likes

So annoyed that my knee is still hurting from Dirty Sipoo and had to skip this one. It looks like so much fun!

1 Like

ultra pyöräily milloin kognitio palautuu google

6 Likes

Ei oo ainakaa mulle palautunu xD mut oli kyl minttine eventti suosittelen kaikille

5 Likes

Onneks työyhteisö on tukena ja ymmärtää kun saapuu tiistaina duuniin krapulaisen ja valvoneen näköisenä vaikka ainoastaan vähän viikonloppuna pyörällä vedetty ja untakin alla 9 tuntia.

8 Likes

On kyl ollu oloja, eilen taas 10h unta palloon ja silti aamulla akku lähes tyhjä :grin: oli hyvä kokemus mut vähä sama fiilis tulee ku railakkaista dokausjuhlista — ”ei enää ikinä”. Vaits ehkä ens kerralla :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

8 Likes