Moving to Helsinki - Some Questions...

I think this topic might be good. Other than that, we got a calender in the top right corner “tapahtumakalenteri” and texts work too.

We have regular wednesday meet-ups called “Fiksikeskarit”. It’s usually bikes and beers, but sometimes there’s also some short alleycat-style races and other activities. Follow that thread and if the directions or meeting point isn’t familiar just ask!

Tuesdays polo, wednesdays fiksikeskarit, VPCX events usually sundays? Those are the more or less regular ones I can think of.

where are Wednesdays meetings held? it would be nice to meet more cyclists:)

Remember when it comes to the meetings, it’s always up to you if you wanted to do drugs. Nobody forces to.

xkwx - 22:25, 7.7.2014 » where are Wednesdays meetings held? it would be nice to meet more cyclists:)
It's not same place every time, you can ask [here](https://www.yksivaihde.net/old/9) every wednesday, like said some times there is alleycats, bike rides etc. or just beer drinking.

thanks! I keep my eye on it:)

The big move is in 9 days, I was going to bring two bikes but I’ve decided to bring all three following my visit to Helsinki a couple of weeks back. I don’t think my 14R is going to see a hell of a lot of miles on the cobbled roads of the city centre so the All-City Big Block which I was going to leave behind is coming too.

Can’t wait to get over there!

Which day are you arriving? There should be the monthly wednesday alleycat on the third. Big block’s a killer choice for the winter, but i think the 14r can still get in on some action in helsinki this fall.

I´ll put this here. Sorry for hijacking your thread tfd.

This guy Jeremy contacted me today. He got my facebook info from someone on some forum somewhere…
Anyway Jeremy is moving to Finland from France to study for a year. He asked me if there is a fixie community in Helsinki and is arriving tomorrow and is maybe coming to BFF.

Say hi to Jeremy if you see him around :smiley: Or yell TÄYSII if you want…
oh… he needs a bike first.

Should we (actually that means probably you) put up a general thread for foreigners/english apeakers to share information about alleycats and events and shit? Or is there already a calendar with the info?
Ok. Found the calendar. So people can see from the calendar there is something coming up and then ask about it in the relevant thread. Or here. Or somthing…

There’s this thread
https://www.yksivaihde.net/old/4597

I’m arriving on the third but not until 11pm, haha. So I have missed KOF, BFF, Helsinki Hookup and about a million other events in the last couple of months, gutted!

I’ll definitely be up for working on some more English info threads. The site behaves weirdly using Google Translate too so I’m going to speak to Toni (right guy) about that.

you can ask, but can you code?

what about posting to interesting threads and asking kindly if someone could write a brief summary in english? at least 99% of the people here are fully capable of doing that i suppose.

moving to the country, gonna eat one litrepizzas

^^ How does he know it’s an interesting thread before he has the summary? Suppose he hits the “new usernames for people” thread for instance.

Vilske - 22:40, 26.8.2014 » ^^ How does he know it's an interesting thread before he has the summary? Suppose he hits the "new usernames for people" thread for instance.
by struggling with google translate for a while?
peltsip - 22:29, 26.8.2014 » what about posting to interesting threads and asking kindly if someone could write a brief summary in english? at least 99% of the people here are fully capable of doing that i suppose.
I can start this one for you.

A brief summary of MYYTY: Tunturi VIP ja kasa osia:
To quote the now infamous feminist banner: All men are rapists. And most users on Yksivaihde are.

Katuratapyörät: arvostus, speksaus ja puinti:
What is a street track bike anyway? Oversized tubing and Thomson parts will get you started. The less it looks like anyone would ride it on the street, let alone leave it locked on the street, the more it is a “Katurata” bike. Once someone posts a picture of a bike you either agree or don’t agree and then YOU are judged by if you chose correctly.

Fiilistelykuvia ja -videoita:
You post any remotely cycling related picture or video that gives you a good vibe.

Kuvia:
You post a picture that you took of something you own that is somehow cycling related.

Löytöjä Interwebistä:
You post something you found online but that is not even a remotely cycling related picture or video. And it is not a picture you took of something cycling related.

Yksivaihe Twitter:
You wish to post something but it doesn’t fit the categories above.

Työkalulainaamo

Ask for a tools to loan.

Muualla myynnissä

Bargains, intresting finds or just mentionworthy bikestuff found on sale somewere in the internet outside YV. Every two days somebody posts a link to Cannondale Track on sale somewhere around the globe.

hadn’t thought of it earlier but katurata sounds really japanese

finnish equivalent of hhsb

also would like to add a correction to Mr. Normal’s list that the Löytöjä Interwebistä is now closed by Nazi Moderators due to the user Pope posting too many cycling related collision news in said thread.